Door Refurbishment - Actuators
MODERNISING METRO DOOR SYSTEMS IMPROVES RELIABILITY AND PERFORMANCE
A global train manufacturer needed to improve the reliability of the current door actuation system on an aging fleet of metro trains. To speed up and simplify the maintenance process, the new solution was required to fit within the existing product envelope.
Norgren engineered a custom actuator to suit the specific needs of the customer. With the latest friction technology, not only was reliability improved but the maintenance costs were dramatically reduced and the overall performance of the door system was enhanced.
- Superior reliability
- Reduced maintenance - reduced train immobilisation
- Improved - no need to change existing mounting
- Improved performance - Max. 2 seconds opening/closing times
- Low power consumption
- Adopted to rail specifications
Norgren's door refurbishment capabilities include:
- Pneumatic actuators
- Dual force pneumatic actuators
- Electric drive actuators
- Rotary drive actuators
- Electric/pneumatic control systems including optical detection