'Oil Carry-Over' Elimination
OIL FREE COMPRESSED AIR FOR AUXILIARY RAIL SYSTEMS, BRAKES AND DOOR EQUIPMENT
Rolling stock owners have encountered major reliability problems on their vehicles due to the engine compressor constantly passing oil further down the vehicle to the sub systems. The large amounts of oil, carbon and water produced by the engine driven compressor enters the vehicle system and causes failures that affect a train's reliability and safety. This reliability problem has a major impact on running costs due to increased maintenance and vehicle system failures, which can range from £25 to £1,000 per minute in out of service costs.
To solve this problem, Norgren's Technical Team together with a Rail Approval institution developed a four-stage filtration system to remove the oil and water being carried to the vehicle sub systems. This system has now been proven to be successful and the customer has specified the system for a Vehicle Fleet change to 660 vehicles.
Norgren exceeded the expectations of the customer by offering a customised solution that met the Technical and budget costs as well as delivering a short installation time for the product which resulted in vehicle trials commencing sooner. The Oil Carry Over solution will give the customer true added value and extended Life Cycle Costs to their business with a payback on investment within 1 year.
- Special filter to remove excess water and carbon particles
- Low temperature filter to remove water and filter to 5 micron
- Fine particle removal filter to give a final air quality of 0.01 micron
- Oil and particles removed from downstream - ISO 8573-1
- Dry door and brake valves, improved reliability for couplings & pantographs
- Easy installation and maintenance
- Cost effective over the full life cycle