Pantograph Control System
COMPACT, RELIABLE AND DURABLE PANTOGRAPH CONTROL SYSTEM
The challenge for Norgren’s engineers was to design a pneumatic system that would retract the pantograph from the overhead power cables when required. The system had to fit within the small area at the base of the pantograph structure, so it had to be compact, as well as reliable and durable.
The pneumatic system enabled the pantograph to be withdrawn from the overhead power cables both quickly and reliably, and it was small enough to fit within the existing footprint of the pantograph. Norgren gave the customer a cost effective feature which improved and added value to their existing product.
- Fast operation and rapid response
- Constant force maintained even at high speed
- Ability to work in both high and low temperatures (-40˚C to + 80˚C)
- Tested for 400 KM/H trains to withstand external elements and vibration
- Optional “Auto Drop Down (ADD)” and “Overreach”control functions
- Robust and compact construction