What information do we collect?
At times we may request that you supply us with personal information. Generally this information is requested when you want us to provide you with information or a service. We may gather the following information about you:
IP address (a unique identifier for your computer or other device)
Any personal information you may provide to us in comment boxes or while using our "Live Chat" functionality.
How do we use it?
We will use this information in the following ways:
- to provide you with information that you have requested e.g. a catalogue;
- to create and run your user sales account;
- to process your order;
- to analyse how you use our site;
- to ensure that the content, services and advertising that we offer are tailored to your needs and interests;
- if you place an order and/or open a sales account with us then we will use your personal data for trade screening against international restricted and denied parties lists;
- in order to market to you by post, e-mail or over the telephone;
- for training, quality control and staff safeguarding purposes;
- In assessing your application for credit, to prevent fraud, to check your identify and to prevent money laundering, we may (i) search the files of credit reference agencies (including, without limitation, Creditsafe or any other credit reference agency that we may use from time to time) who will record any credit searches on your file; (ii) check your details with CIFAS (or any other fraud prevention agency from time to time; and (iii) disclose details of how you conduct your account to such agencies. The information will be used by other credit grantors for making credit decisions about you and the people with whom you are financially associated, for fraud prevention, money laundering prevention and occasionally for tracing debtors. Information used for these purposes will include publicly available information such as electoral roll, county court judgments, bankruptcy orders or repossessions.
- We may ask credit reference agencies to provide a credit scoring computation. Credit scoring uses a number of factors to work out risks involved in any application. A score is given to each factor and a total score obtained. Where automatic credit scoring computations are used, acceptance or rejection of your application will not depend only on the results of the credit scoring process; and
- from time to time our website enables you to use an instant messaging service called "Live Chat".
Where Live Chat is available, it allows you to message a member of our staff so that they can answer your queries and provide information in real time. When you use Live Chat, third parties place cookies on your computer to enable the service to work. When you message our staff, third parties and Norgren will process this information which may include information that you have provided about yourself.
For how we use your information that is collected using cookies and similar technologies please see the "Cookies" section below.
Do we pass your information to third parties?
We may send your personal information to other group companies, affiliates and third parties to help us process your personal information for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose personal information to third parties when we reasonably believe we are required by law or in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual prohibited activities.
How do we use your information for marketing?
We may share your information with our business partners, third party providers and our group companies for marketing purposes or we may send you information about other organisations' goods and services. We may contact you by mail, telephone, email or other electronic messaging service with offers of products, services or information that may be of interest to you. By providing us with your contact details you consent to being contacted by these methods for these purposes. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us or our business partners other than on the website which you have requested information about please contact us using the details below.
Where do we send your information?
We are a global company and therefore we may transfer your personal information to countries around the world including the US and other countries outside Europe. We will, where necessary, put in place appropriate safeguards to ensure your information is protected.
How long do we keep your information?
What are cookies?
We may use information obtained about you from cookies or similar technology. Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which we download onto your computer or device when you visit our website. We can recognise these cookies on subsequent visits and they allow us to remember you.
Cookies come in many forms, we have set out the main types below:
First and third-party cookies - whether a cookie is first-party or third-party refers to the domain placing the cookie. First-party cookies are those set by a website that is being visited by the user, the website displayed in the URL window e.g. http://store.norgren.com/in/en/Default.aspx. Third-Party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website this would be a third-party cookie.
For example on our website you may notice some cookies that aren't related to us. If you go onto a web page that contains embedded content, for example from YouTube or Vimeo, you will be sent cookies from these websites. We don't control the setting of these cookies, so please check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
Whilst using the "Live Chat" feature on our website at times when it is available, third parties may place cookies on your computer in order to provide this service.
Persistent cookies – these cookies remain on a user's device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
Session cookie – these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
1. Strictly necessary cookies – These cookies enable services you have specifically asked for.
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies certain services you have asked for cannot be provided. We use this type of cookie to provide the shopping basket function on our web store.
2. Performance cookies – These cookies collect information on the pages visited.
These cookies collect information about how users use a website, for instance which pages users go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the website works. We use Google Analytics and similar analytical tools which use performance cookies to provide us with information on how the website is performing and how you use the website.
3. Functionality cookies – These cookies remember choices you make to improve your experience.
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features. For example, a cookie is used to remember you if you have logged in during a previous session. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of the web pages that you can customise.
Please click here towe use. By restricting our cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our website.
Third Party Websites
How do we protect your information?
We take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
Obtaining copies of you information
You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. Please contact us using the details set out below.
How to change your choices and contact us
If your personal information changes, you don't want us to send you the information you have requested or if you have any queries about how we use your personal information, please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com.
For quality control, training and staff safeguarding purposes, we may monitor or record your calls with us and the "Live Chat" service (when this is available).
Updated September 2013